$35 for the day
$25 for a half day (3 hours or less).
$15.00 for one hour
We DO NOT rent kayaks.
Please act responsibly. Maintain physical distancing from staff and other customers, use our hand sanitizer and have a mask available for use. If you have any Covid symptoms, or have been exposed to someone who has symptoms, do not visit us at this time. If we feel people are not acting responsibly we will eliminate canoe rentals during the pandemic.
COVID related guidelines have been integrated into our procedures:
- Sorry, but the public washrooms are CLOSED at the Clubhouse. There are a few portalets throughout North Glenmore Park you could use before & after your visit to the Canoe Club.
- Be Prepared to carry your own canoe up/down.
- Sorry, we cannot hold your personal belongings (wallets, phones, etc). Be self sufficient and bring a waterproof drybag for your items.
- Do not LAND on shore, no mud in canoes, self clean if needed.
Canoe rentals remain a first come first serve basis. We encourage you to bring your own PFD (lifejacket). Download the rental form before you arrive so we have it on file, we no longer complete the paperwork at the Club. This is NOT a reservation. If you receive a 'THANK YOU' we have received the form.
Hand Sanitizing and Equipment disinfecting protocol is in place, staff will review the procedure with you when you check in for the rental.
Price includes paddles and lifejackets.
Online Rental form is available. Please click here.
We can take Visa, MC, and Debit...no CASH. A deposit is needed while on water : driver's license or car keys.
Equipment: Our canoes are a standard 17ft aluminum with 2 seats. You may take a 3rd person sitting in the middle-bottom of the canoe.
To prevent capsizing, ensure proper balance in the boat by distributing weight evenly.
Safety Notes: Yes – Canoes do tip over. If you are not prepared for this to happen you should not go out. Windy conditions are also a factor, making it easier to tip. All paddlers must be confident they can swim if the canoe does tip over.
- Stay close to shore, incase you tip and need to swim to shore
- Stay close to the Clubhouse in poor weather conditions
- Please stay off the race course
- Give right of way to all other vessels on the reservoir (S.S. Moyie paddleboat, Rowers, Dragon Boats, competitive canoes and kayaks)
Clothing suggestions: We suggest you wear clothing that is not restrictive in case you do get wet.
Please note: Rentals are first come first serve. No reservations are taken. With over 25 aluminum canoes we typically have plenty of boats. You can call ahead for those very warm, sunny weekend afternoons to check on availability if wanted. Also reservoir bylaw requires lifejackets to be worn at all times while on the Glenmore reservoir. An exception to the lifejacket bylaw are paddling competitions amongst seasoned athletes.
Kayak Rentals: Sorry, we do not rent kayaks to nonmembers.
If you have any questions please head to our FAQ’s page as it may be answered there.
TO FILL OUT CANOE RENTAL FORM CLICK HERE