PROGRAM IS FULL - To get an idea for 2022, click here, for more information regarding the spring and summer programs for new paddlers.
For athletes born in 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011.
Sessions are held: Wednesday from 4:30-6:00pm & Saturdays from 9:00am-11:00am, Start date is Wednesday, Sept 1 and end date is Saturday, October 16.
Program requires 7 registrants, registrants will be notified by August 25 if program is running. We have hit 7 and will go to the maximum of 13 participants.
Please fill out Medical & Waiver form, click here.
The Fall intro is a condensed version of the summer program with an emphasis on introducing youth to the sprint canoe and kayaks. This program is great for youth with little to no previous experience. We will start in the recreation kayaks and progress into the racing kayaks through the sessions.
For fall sessions always plan to attend regardless of weather. We will paddle on mild rainy days. Please dress for the weather conditions and always bring extra clothes.
On water activities will not occur in the event of poor weather conditions such as high winds, lightning, or cold temperatures.
Clothing & Item suggestions
- Shorts and sweat pants
- Jeans are not recommended, they are restrictive and unsafe when wet. We will not allow participants to kayak in jeans.
- Swimsuit for hot days if you get wet
- There is no swimming allowed in the reservoir, city by-laws are in place.
- Old runners (important as we will do dryland activities in the field) Sandals
- Sun hat
- Sunglasses with a tie or strap
- A snack if you need it for the post session
- Water bottle (we have a water fountain on site to refill water bottles)
Also it is recommended to bring the following extras
- Complete change of clothes very important for Fall paddling sessions
- Extra warm clothing on cooler days
- Rain gear