Autumn is a beautiful time for paddlers on the reservoir. Coaches and paddlers build on the skills introduced in the summer and prepare the foundational elements for the next season.
Generally, fall training is focused on skill development and aerobic conditioning. Although activities will be primarily on-water, paddlers will take part in running and strength training with weekly swims starting in Mid October. Athletes should attend each session prepared for a mix of on-water and on-land activities.
The Calgary Canoe Club program follows a long-term athlete development model, with practice sessions increasing yearly based on age. The below table outlines the fall schedule for each age group. Age groups are in line with the 2023 competitive season.
The CCC 'Fall Training' period is the start of preparation for the next summer season. Please register based on age as of Jan 1, 2023.
START DATES - The start date for Fall depends on the Fall Training Start Dates:
Sep 3rd - U12 & U14
Sep 10 - Older than U14
- Sep 5 NO TRAINING
- Oct 1 Winter registration starts
- Oct 10 (Thanksgiving)
- Oct 15 Alberta Team Trials (Regatta)
- Oct 16 Swimming starts
- Oct 21 End of Season Celebration (Paddler Gala) - go here to purchase tixs
- Nov 1 Winter training Begins - Fees Due
Do you have the right gear! - go here to ensure you are ready
TO COMPLETE YOUR REGISTRATION:
- Fill out the name of the paddler(s)
- Click 'Add To Cart * if you have more than one registration or membership; add the other paddler and items before you ‘Buy.’ If you bought a membership in the summer, please do not add it again.
- Add a membership if you have not purchased one already; click here
- Please go here to fill out form.
- You will receive a confirmation email once purchased.
- We are an outdoor-based program hence programs may be cancelled in the event of extreme weather. We strive to give 24hrs notice* Make-up days will be communicated to parents.
- Crew boat activities may be limited if distancing requirements are in place.
- We encourage all Paddlers to bring their own PFD (Transport Canada approved - click here for proper fitting). The Club will provide PFDs for those unable to purchase their own.
- There are no programs on Monday, Sep 5 & Monday, Oct 10.