Spring L2P (June dates 2021, check back in Feb 2021)
Sessions are held: Monday & Wednesday from 4:30-6:00pm or Tuesdays & Thursdays from 4:30-6:00pm TBC check back in Feburary 2021.
The Spring L2P is a condensed version of the summer program with an emphasis on introducing youth to the sprint canoe and kayaks. This program is great for youth with little to no previous experience 9 yrs +. We will start in the recreation kayaks and progress into the racing kayaks through the sessions.
For spring and fall sessions always plan to attend regardless of weather. We will paddle on mild rainy days. Please dress for the weather conditions and always bring extra clothes. Change rooms are available.
On water activities will not occur in the event of poor weather conditions such as high winds, lightning, or cold temperatures. In the case of poor weather conditions, we will cancel.
Clothing & Item suggestions
- Shorts and sweat pants
- Jeans are not recommended, they are restrictive and unsafe when wet. We will not allow participants to kayak in jeans.
- Swimsuit for hot days if you get wet
- There is no swimming allowed in the reservoir, city by-laws are in place.
- Old runners (important as we will do dryland activities in the field) Sandals
- Sun hat
- Sunglasses with a tie or s strap
- A snack if you need it for the post session
- Water bottle (we have a water fountain on site to refill water bottles)
Also it is recommended to bring the following extras
- Complete change of clothes very important for Fall paddling sessions
- Extra warm clothing on cooler days
- Rain gear