CKC Champs - 2023 Dartmouth
UPDATES will be posted (check back again)
- Aug 1 - Pre-Qualification Meeting for Parents and Paddlers
- Aug 9 - Post-Qualification Meeting for Parents and Paddlers @ 6pm
- Aug 11 - Deposits Due
- Aug 13 - National Fundraiser (CLICK)
- Aug 19 - Trailer Loading (9 am)
- Aug 21 - Trailer Departs for Nova Scotia
- Aug 26 - ETA in Dartmouth
- Aug 27 - Team Travels to Nova Scotia
- Aug 28 - Race Preparation Day
- Aug 29 - Sep 2 Competition Day
- Sep 3 - Team Returns Home
- Sept - Trailer unloading (TBC)
- Sep 15 - Final Payment Due
- CCC Crews/Entries(TBD)
- Championships Race Card (events and race order)
- Canoekayak Canada link to Championships
- More info from the host here
Although the Canadian Championships is a U16 + age event, often younger athletes earn qualifications. War Canoes and Crew boats in many cases contain younger paddlers and the crews serve as the athlete’s first exposure the prestigious event. We do have U14's entered in U16 crews trying to earn qualifications in both War Canoe and small boats.
Racing Shirts: Make sure you have one; you don't - Click Here.
Meals: Food will be provided with the help of Parents for lunch and dinner on competition days at the course. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday lunch, & Saturday (eat all leftovers). Saturday Dinner - reservations for a team dinner at a local restaurant. Athletes will grocery shop for breakfast and snacks. The Atlantic Superstore is across the street from the hotel.
Accommodation at the Champs: Our team has reserved a block of rooms at HearthStone Inn - 313 Prince Albert Road Dartmouth - Hotel Rooming Assignment (TBD by coaches). The hotel lists laundry services.
Travel to and from Champs: View the Flight Info Sheet and share your flight info. Athletes are responsible for air travel.
The team will have our 15-passenger van on-site and can help with airport transport to and from the airport at the start and end of the Competition. Where young athletes are arriving, we will coordinate transit.
Fees: The Calgary Canoe Club takes a 'TEAM' approach to fees and all paddlers share in common costs for the team to compete. examples of shared costs include: Boat Transportation to/from the regatta, the cost to have coaches at the event, club entry fees. Athletes will be responsible for flights, meals and hotel rooms fees. The greater the CCC team size, the lesser the athletes individual contribution to the shared components.
- The club is working to facilitate fund-raising opportunities to help bring team costs down. Lake Chaparral Triathalon Volunteer August 13. $120/volunteer.
- Lots more fundraising/grant options on our website