Learn 2 Paddle
Registration will open in February 2024, ensure you are on our mailing list or keep your eye on our social media.
Our Youth Learn to Paddle Program is for ages 9-11 (U12 age determined on January 1). Paddlers 12+ on January 1st, Click here.
We will accommodate up to 18 paddlers in the L2P sessions. All 18 paddlers will remain together during the 2-week camp. We may integrate with our returning paddlers for games and activities.
Cost: $480, except L2P 5 & L2P 6 due to the holiday day off. There are no programs running on Monday, August 7th.
Note: A Club membership is not required for our 2 week camp sessions.
2023 Summer: Mon-Fri, 9am-4pm.
- FULL L2P 1: Jul 3-14 (Includes Regatta Registration - July 15th) FULL
- FULL L2P 2: Jul 10-21 FULL
- FULL L2P 3: Jul 17-28 FULL
- L2P 4: Jul 24-Aug 4
- L2P 5: Jul 31-Aug 11, $440 (no programs Aug 7th)
- L2P 6: Aug 8-18, $440 (no programs Aug 7th)
- L2P 7: Aug 14-25
Learn to Paddle offers an introduction to most facets of paddling including both recreational and racing boats. In week 1, we will focus on recreation boats such as 2 person canoes, recreation kayaks, and dragon boats, in addition to dry land games and activities. In week 2 we shift the focus to the racing canoe and kayaks. Our instructors are certified in paddling and first aid courses and will provide a fun, learning environment. Upon completion, paddlers can continue with the Team for the remainder of the season. (See Here)
Feel free to contact us if you feel your child is an exception on this guideline.
We require 10 participants in each program to run.
- Water safety and balance skills to prevent capsizing
- Skill development (canoes & kayaks)
- Introduction to racing boats
- Water safety specific to racing boats such as tip, turn, tow
- Dryland and onwater games
- Morning Fun regatta and BBQ the last Friday of each session.
Our goal is that participants will develop:
- Basic paddling skills in all of our boats
- Confidence on the water in various conditions
- Teamwork skills
- Learning to manage a little adversity as we realize the activities can be challenging for new paddlers.
Paddlers will take part in On-Water and On-Land activities. Note; there is NO swimming allowed in the reservoir and participants MUST be comfortable in water wearing a PFD in the event of capsizing. A certain amount of strength is required as participants need to be able to carry a recreational kayak with a partner and paddle a kayak solo in windier conditions. Safety practices are in place to support paddlers or we change up activities in the event of conditions which are too challenging.
For more information please read: Welcome Letter for 2023, click HERE.
For more information about Learn 2 Paddle, ARE YOU READY FOR L2P? Click here. If your question is not answered in this document you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellations: Extreme weather may force paddlers off the water. Therefore, in the case of cold, high winds or electrical storms we will cancel the program for the day. Staff will be watching the weather and where possible provide 24 hours notice. Make up days may be available to paddlers. For short-term weather issues, activities will move on-land or inside the clubhouse.
- Full refunds for L2P registrations (less a $35 administrative fee) will be accepted up to one month prior to the start date.
- A 50% cancellation fee will be charged within 2 weeks of cancelling your registration.
- No refund will be issued if a participant is required to leave as the result of a code of conduct concern.
- Outstanding circumstances may be discussed with management, please email email@example.com
Please only fill in the registration form if you intend to pay at the same time, otherwise your form will be deleted.