Learn 2 Paddle: Age 9-12
All spots for 2022 L2P are now FULL.
Check out 'Sprint Intro' for our sprint daycamp option, please CLICK HERE to go to or head to our Partner Alberta Sprint Racing Canoe Association for youth kayak Lessons, Go HERE for their info.
Our Youth Learn to Paddle Program is for ages 9-12. For older paddlers go to the Sprint Team.
Note: A Club membership is not required for our 2 week camp sessions.
Summer Camp sessions run Mon-Fri, 9am-4pm.
L2P 1 - June 27-July 8* $360 FULL
L2P 2 - July 11-22 $400 FULL
L2P 3 - July 25- August 5* $360 - FULL
L2P 4 - August 8-19 $400 FULL
*There are no programs running on holidays, Friday, July 1 and Monday, August 1st.
Learn to Paddle offers an introduction to most facets of paddling including both recreational and racing boats. Our instructors are experienced and will provide a fun, learning environment. On completion, paddlers will be ready for a weekend of canoeing with the family or continue with more canoe club fun in another 2-week L2P or with the Sprint Team.
Cancellations: Weather may force paddlers off the water. In 2021 we may not have access inside the building for alternate activities. Therefore, in the case of extreme cold, electrical storms for the majority of the day we will cancel the program for the day with no activities at the Club. Staff will be watching the weather and where possible will we provide 24 hours notice. Make up days will be available to paddlers.Activities include:
- Water safety skills & awareness
- Skill development (canoes & kayaks)
- Introduction to racing boats
- Dryland and onwater games
- Confidence on the water
- Teamwork skills
- Learning to manage a little adversity as we realize the activities can be challenging for new paddlers.
Paddlers will take part in On-Water and On-Land activities. Note; there is NO swimming allowed in the reservoir and participants MUST be comfortable in water wearing a PFD in the event of capsizing. Participants need to be able to carry a recreational kayak with a partner and paddle solo in windier conditions.
Welcome Letter for 2022, click here
For more information about Learn 2 Paddle, ARE YOU READY FOR L2P? Click here. If your question is not answered in this document you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full refunds for L2P registrations (less a $35 administrative fee) will be accepted up to one month prior to the start date.
- A 50% cancellation fee will be charged within 2 weeks of cancelling your registration.
- No refund will be issued if a participant is required to leave as the result of a code of conduct concern.
- Outstanding circumstances may be discussed with management, please email email@example.com