Policies for Sprint Program
- Full refunds for summer camp registrations (less a $50 administrative fee) will be accepted up to 2 months prior to the start date.
- All other refunds will be addressed on a case-by-case basis and are subject to a $50 administration fee, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- No refund will be issued for participants that do not show up, choose to quit during the program or are required to leave as the result of a code of conduct issue (all to be discussed and confirmed with management).
- Outstanding circumstances may be discussed with management, please email email@example.com
Poor Weather - please go here to read
- Extreme weather may force paddlers off the water. Therefore, in the case of cold, high winds or electrical storms we will cancel the program for the day. Staff will be watching the weather and where possible provide 24 hours notice. For short-term weather issues, activities will move on-land or inside the clubhouse. For full day weather cancellations on our part we are happy to offer 'make up days' in future camp sessions.
- To protect the health and well-being of the organization, its members and its participants, as per CKC ‘s position. This includes supporting our staff and volunteers. To promote a safe sport environment and educate the Calgary Canoe Club’s staff and members on expected standards of behaviour.
Please go here to see the policy.
- The CCC Board and staff encourage feedback from all members. Feedback will help us improve the programs, educate staff and clarify expectations. We realize these may be difficult conversations for members to bring to our attention. We strive to set up a process in which members are comfortable initiating grievance conversations. There will be no reprisals for the member(s) putting forth a grievance. All Board members and key staff personnel (Managers and senior coaches) have signed a confidential agreement and agree to follow this agreement.
- Please go here to start the process.
Respectful Communication Agreement (RCA) - must be signed
- The purpose of the Calgary Canoe Club's (CCC) Respectful Communication Agreement (RCA) is to ensure a safe and positive environment for all participants in our programs taking place at the Club, as well as activities and events away from the Club. All individuals must know that the Club has behaviour expectations that align with our core values; Inclusion, collaboration, integrity, achievement, and excellence. Please go here to sign.