Winter Sprint Program 2021-2022
** Note: Proof of Covid-19 Vaccination is Required for winter programs **
WINTER INFORMATION (2021-2022)
Winter is a time to build fitness, strength and skills that form the foundation of a great spring and summer season. Stay in contact with all your summer team mates as you strengthen your body, mind and friendships.
CCC offers a progressive long term development program. The number of training sessions increases with age to match physiological and sport specific requirements. Winter is a time to build athleticism and prepare for on-water training and competition in the new season.
Sunday Only Swim Option: Paddlers 11 years old and above can select the once a week option to maintain summer friendships and improve swim abilities. This is the one session that has the entire team together each week. All that participated in the the summer intro or returning paddler program are welcome.
Paddlers 12 and older (Jan 1st, 2022) attend additional weekly sessions to introduce the basics of general fitness routines and methods. Sessions may include: Paddle Simulators, Strength, Swim, Run, Yoga, and other activities.
- NO SWIMMING Sunday, Oct 31 (Halloween)
- First swim of Winter is Sunday, Nov 7.
- NO TRAINING Thursday, Nov 11 (Remembrance Day)
- Sunday, Nov, 28 swimming is from 1-230pm
- Sunday, Dec 12 swimming is from 1-230pm
- Last swim before winter break Dec 19.
- Winter Break from Dec 20th - Jan 2.
- Jan 16th first swim of 2022.
- NO SWIMMING Sunday, Feb 20.
- NO TRAINING Monday, Feb 21 (Family Day).
- Last day of Swimming, Sunday, April 3.
- NO TRAINING, Friday, April 15 (EASTER)
- NO TRAINING, Monday, April 18 (EASTER).